The Best Shark Vacuums for Pet Hair of 2020
- Our Top 5 List
- 1. Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet
- 2. Shark DuoClean NV803
- 3. Shark APEX ZS362 Stick Vacuum
- 4. Shark APEX AZ1002
- 5. Shark Rotator NV356E Lift-Away
- 6. Shark Navigator NV501
- 7. Shark Rocket Complete HV382
- Top 7 Verdict & Review
- Shark Rotator NV752
- Buying a Shark Pet Hair Vacuum
You can ask any pet owner and they’ll be able to tell you that, as fun and loving it is to own a pet, clean up around the house can be a real hassle. It’s easy to get through some of the basic chores, but when it comes time to vacuum, those lovable pets make it a challenging task for one reason: hair.
Pet hair can be a sole contributor to the need for a new vacuum. However, it’s vital for pet owners to recognize what vacuum they can use that will help get through the piles of hair, but also last for a long time. Below, we are listing the top Shark vacuums designed to clean up pet hair.
Our Top 5 List
The TruePet model is a great option for many homeowners because it houses a 1.5 quart capacity for all dust and dander it collects, including pet hair. You can also remove the canister when trying to clean the difficult to reach areas without losing any of the strong power that collects dust in a jiffy.
TruePet comes with a HEPA filter trap to keep all dust and allergens inside the canister of the vacuum and out of your home. Of course, you’re looking for something that will work with your furry friends. This vacuum has a pet power brush mode. You can take it with you anywhere in your home to remove dirt, dust, allergens, and pet hair from your hard to reach and clean places.
- The vacuum is powerful and pulls a lot of your pet hair from carpet and upholstery.
- The canister has a large capacity which means you can collect more dust before having to dump it out.
- The fingertip controls allow you to make quick transitions from carpet to hardwood without having much of a problem.
- The vacuum can prove to be bulky for some and a bit difficult to maneuver.
The DuoClean does exactly what the name says it does: it focuses your cleaning efforts on the small and fine dust particles throughout your home, as well as the large debris that you find piling from food spills or other messes. The DuoClean does a great job with deep cleaning on carpets and hardwood, with the ability to pick up high piles of debris.
Much like the TruePet, the DuoClean comes with an anti-allergen complete seal which means it captures up to 99.99% of dust and allergens in its canister. This means much better air quality for you and your family. The vacuum also has LED lights on the front for your darker corners, allowing you to see just how much dust and dander is there to be cleaned.
- The DuoClean comes with a motorized pet brush that is perfect for getting those large piles of hair off your couch, stairs, carpet, bedding, and more.
- It’s easy to clean the vacuum and its 0.9 quart capacity canister.
- There is a dynamic swivel steering features that helps you maneuver in tight areas and around furniture for a deeper, more thorough clean.
- If you’re not a fan of stopping your vacuuming to remove the hair and dust from your canister, you may want to consider a bigger capacity. It’s not small, but it’s not the biggest.
The previous two vacuums on this list are much different than the APEX Stick Vacuum. This one doesn’t have the large canister attached near the base of the vacuum. Rather, this vacuum has the canister near the handle, which makes for a lighter experience all around.
The APEX Stick Vacuum is an ultra-light vacuum that utilizes the DuoClean technology to help make cleaning easy on both carpet and hardwood. The Zero-M features makes for easy cleaning as it self-cleans for you. It’s also easy to turn the long vacuum into a handheld cleaner so you don’t have to carry the whole thing to clean your furniture, stairs, and other parts of your home that are too small to fit the entire vacuum.
Because of the Zero-M technology within this vacuum, it becomes a perfect choice for pet owners as it boasts “nonstop hair removal” to keep your brushroll working as effective as possible for as long as possible.
- Zero-M technology is perfect for cleaning up lots of hair and other dust and dander throughout the home.
- The DuoClean system makes it easy to use on both carpet and hardwood, picking up large and small particles.
- the ability to make it a hand vacuum is a great option for homeowners with stairs, hard to reach areas, and other tight spaces.
- Because it is lightweight, this also means it doesn’t have a large capacity compared to the first two vacuums. You’ll find yourself dumping out the canister much more.
The Shark APEX Upright Vacuum has a ton of features making it a great option for pet owners. Much like the other vacuums, this unit boasts the DuoClean and Zero-M technologies to make it easy to clean carpet and hardwood without having to stop to remove dust, hair, and other problem particles from the roller.
The 1.5-quart canister detaches from the system to help you reach under furniture, but it still holds the same powerful suction. Another benefit of the APEX vacuum is the advanced anti-allergen complete seal and the HEPA filter that keeps allergens inside the canister after suction and prevents it from releasing back into your home.
When you take off the canister, you can connect the vacuum hose and make it easy to clean stairs and other tight spaces in your home.
- The large canister makes it easy to keep vacuuming. You don’t have to keep removing the canister because it fills up too quickly.
- The Zero-M technology makes it easy to pick up a significant amount of pet hair without the need to cut or pull hair off the roller like other vacuums.
- The DuoClean means you can take it from hardwood to carpet with no problems.
- While its large size is good for nonstop cleaning, it can make it more difficult to maneuver and reach difficult places without having to detach the canister more often than you’d like.
This is a powerful upright vacuum that’s perfect for getting deep into carpet for a better clean. It’s lightweight for having a 1.3 quart canister and the Lift Away pod makes it easy to clean on stairs, furniture, and other above the ground areas. The Lift Away feature is easy to use, with just one button detaching the canister and making it carry accessory.
There are LED lights on the front of the vacuum to show you the dust that you may have missed before, ensuring you pick up every last particle. The Rotator also has the anti-allergen complete seal technology that keeps allergens in the canister and out of your home, so you and your family don’t have to worry.
This vacuum also boasts a premium pet power brush so your furry friends can shed and you don’t have to tread the cleanup.
- It’s easy to clean the brush roller and the canister so you can get back to vacuuming quickly.
- The advanced swivel steering helps when trying to maneuver around certain obstacles and your large furniture.
- The large capacity canister holds plenty of dust and pet hair, allowing you to clean for a longer period of time without interruption.
- The Rotator model doesn’t feature Shark’s Zero-M technology so it doesn’t include self-cleaning brush rollers.
The Navigator sports the largest capacity canister on our list at 2.2 quarts. This makes it perfect for long-time cleaning without interruption. Much like the other vacuums on this list, it has the anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filter which means it traps 99.9% of all dust and allergens in its canister without releasing it back into your home.
Despite the large canister size, this vacuum is light, coming in at 13.7 pounds. This makes the Lift Away feature even more effortless to use on hard to reach areas. The vacuum is a perfect option for pet owners because it does have a powerful suction and does well with deep cleans on carpet, but remains gentle on hardwood floors.
- Utilizes the Lift Away technology so you can go from upright cleaning to a handheld unit with just a push of a button.
- This vacuum has surprising power for something that is so lightweight meaning you can get more out of your vacuuming without having to lug around a heavy cleaner.
- This is a professional-grade cleaner so your pet hair is no match to the power of this vacuum.
- While there is a hard floor hero attachment for this vacuum, it does not come with the unit and must be purchased separately.
This lightweight vacuum starts off at under 10 pounds completely put together and quickly turns to less than 5 pounds when you make it a handheld. When you combine this with the DuoClean technology that picks up large and small particles on carpet and hardwood, you have a truly engaging clean that is easy to use. The Rocket also comes with a multi-tool specifically designed to help clean up after your pets and get that difficult hair off all surfaces.
The DuoClean feature is also supported by a dual brushroll. There’s a soft brush that helps on carpets and floors for a deeper clean. The best part about this vacuum is that it maintains a powerful suction in handheld mode so you can get all the dust and dander from those hard to reach above floor places.
- It’s a perfect option for attacking large piles of debris and particles. There’s no front wall blocking the soft brushroll so you can collect those piles with no hassle.
- The LED lights are on the floor nozzle and handheld so you can see all the hidden dust throughout each part of your home and behind furniture.
- The pet multi-tool is truly helpful for cleaning up after your shedding family members.
- Like the other ultralight models on this list, the Rocket doesn’t have the biggest canister so you have to take some time to dump out the dust before continuing to vacuum.
From everything we’ve seen, the Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet is the perfect choice because of the large canister, strong suction, and power brush specifically designed to get that aggravating pet hair. You can get the deepest of cleans in little time with this powerful cleaner.
Buying a Shark Pet Hair Vacuum
By now, you should have a pretty good idea of some of the most effective Shark vacuums when it comes to cleaning pet hair. However, before you make your purchase, there are a few things you want to know.
- Pay close attention to the ratings: While you shouldn’t make your final decision based on reviews, they can be helpful in informing you of the good and bad each unit has to offer. See what people say is the most common problem they encounter, as well as some of the best things about each vacuum.
- Stay away from gimmicky vacuums: Shark is a trusted brand. It has spent years testing and developing new technology designed to get the best clean of your home. However, you’ll see less expensive options making impossible promises. Avoid these products and you’ll avoid running into problems.
- While a special vacuum for pet hair is certainly needed, don’t forget about the classic broom!
- Get recommendations from others with pets: Ask your friends, families, and even social media communities what they recommend. If you have similar situations (pets with heavy shedding), you can get a better understanding of how different vacuums work for picking up pet hair and other dust throughout your home.
- Choose what’s best for you: There are countless options out there for you to choose from, and it’s easy to get confused by what everything offers. Make sure you’re choosing what works best for you. Consider size of the canister, how light and versatile the vacuum is, whether you need to reach in tight places, and other technology that fits your situation.
- We recommend preventive measures with fur grooming gloves for pets and vacuum cleaner attachments to remove loose fur before shedding.
At the end of the day, you want to ask yourself a few questions.
- Do I want a continuous clean or am I okay with stopping often to empty the canister?
- Do I need something that is lightweight and easy to clean areas above the floor such as fans, vents, walls, and more?
- Do I need self-cleaning rollers or can I take the time to cut hair to ensure effectiveness?
- Do I have a large volume of pet hair I need to pick up on a regular basis?
- Do you want to add a robotic cleaner to your arsenal as well?
When you have the answers to these questions, you can better make a decision regarding which vacuum to choose for your home. You may also look to see if the vacuum has a warranty and learn more about the policy that comes with it. If the vacuum has a warranty that allows you to use it and return it if you are unhappy, you may be able to try multiple options before making your final decision.
Try multiple vacuums if you can and see for yourself what works best. The best way to ensure you’re happy with your purchase is to use itself. You have our recommendation for the best option for cleaning pet hair. Now, it’s up to you to check it out for yourself.
We hope that you found this guide helpful, and that you can now make an informed decision on your vacuum buying experience. Here’s to having the cleanest home (and the happiest fur babies) possible!
We are the Pet Cat Friends, a dedicated group of pet loving bloggers and product testers for all your meowy needs. We research, test, and review cat related products with the help of our collective 21 cats. Feel free to leave us feedback and treats!