The Best Pet Hair Brooms of 2022
- Our Top List
- 1. Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
- Special Tip: EyeVac Pet – Stationary Vacuum for Pet Hair
- 2. Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom
- 3. LandHope Push Broom
- 4. TreeLen Broom Dustpan Combo
- 5. O-Cedar Professional Smooth Surface Push Broom
- 6. Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake
- Verdict & Review
- Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
- Pet Hair Broom Buying Guide
Everyone loves their cat, dog, or rabbit, but these adorable furry pets all come with a housecleaning problem: shed fur. It sometimes seems impossible to get all of the fur out of the carpet and off the kitchen floor.
However, we have found that with the right clean-up tools keeping your house fur-free is quite easy. Forget about the regular brooms that let pet hair escape and start looking at tools specifically designed to remove pet hair, like pet brooms.
On this page, we have assembled the best options on the market this year!
Our Top List
Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
Stationary Vacuum for Pet Hair
Evriholder FURemover Pet Hair Removal Broom
LandHope Push Broom
TreeLen Broom Dustpan Combo
O-Cedar Professional Smooth Surface Push Broom
Grandi Groom AB24 Carpet Rake
Our go-to product for removing pet hair from hard surfaces and low-pile rugs and carpets is this offering from Bissell. It is a standard broom that has rubber bristles added that trap and attract the pet hair.
The length and angle of the rubber bristles can be adjusted to your particular situation. They can also be retracted if you want to do some regular sweeping of a surface that isn’t covered in fur.
For additional cleaning efficacy, consider combining a Bissell broom with the pet air vacuum cleaner described below.
- Removes pet hair, dust, and heavy particles
- Angled to reach into corners
- The rubber bristles attract pet hair and remove even the tiny spicules shed by short-haired dogs.
- It only weighs 2 pounds
- Although the manufacturer says it can clean all kinds of carpets, it really only works on low-pile carpet.
This innovative product dramatically increases the ease of removing pet hair from your home when combined with a pet hair broom.
The unit is stationary and when you’re sweeping with your pet hair broom, you sweep the hair and debris up to the vacuum unit and it will automatically activate and suck all of the sweepings up, while also removing any dust from the air you’ve stirred up while sweeping.
This device also completely eliminates the problems of not being able to sweep everything into your dustpan and spilling dust and hair while emptying the dustpan.
- Automatically removes any dust and fur swept up to its base
- Bagless 6.5 quart canister with an indicator light that goes on when it needs to be emptied
- Cyclonic vacuum action with dual filtration
- Very powerful 12 amp/1400 watt motor
- None, really, other than it being stationary. But it’s meant for use in conjunction with a broom.
This is an all-around great cleaning tool. It functions like a broom with its rubber bristles and it also has a squeegee for cleaning windows and liquid spills. Its telescoping handle allows you to reach anything you want to clean.
The rubber bristles naturally attract pet fur from any hard surface while you are sweeping and rubbing the rubber squeegee across carpet will pull pet hair out of the carpet.
- Can be used for many purposes: sweeping, pet hair removal, window washing, liquid spill clean ups
- Removes pet hair from all kinds of surfaces, including carpet, furniture, tile, and hardwood floors
- Handle telescopes from 36 to 60 inches
- Some users report that while the brush is great, the handle is not and easily breaks
This one is quite similar to the FURemover broom. It is a broom with rubber bristles that attract pet hair and dust, it has a squeegee edge for cleaning windows and dealing with liquid spills, and it has a telescoping handle.
Like all rubber brooms, all you have to do is wash the bristles with soap and water and it will look and function like new every time you use it.
- All purpose cleaning tool, cleans windows, carpets, tile, hardwood floors, concrete, etc.
- Rubber bristles naturally attract pet hair from any surface, including furniture, carpet, and hardwood floors
- Handle telescopes from 31.5 to 54 inches
- The broom spins on the handle and can’t be locked into place
- Doesn’t work well on high-pile carpet
This combination item includes a soft bristle broom for sweeping, nothing special there, and a really fabulous dustpan. It has a handle, so no more bending over to hold your dustpan, and a rubber lip that lies flat on the floor and ensures everything you sweep goes into, not under, the dustpan.
The dustpan stands motionless and ready when placed on the floor and has a top so nothing can fall out while you are trying to empty it. There is also a broom-cleaning attachment on the dustpan so you can pull the broom through its teeth and knock all the pet hair off into the dustpan.
- Dustpan has a handle and remains upright and ready wherever you place it
- Dustpan has a rubber lip that ensures all the debris ends up in the dustpan
- Dustpan has a broom-cleaning strip attached to it
- Broom clips to the dustpan for easy storage
- The bristles may be a little too soft for some people
- The handle is plastic and might break
This is a good, all-purpose, very sturdy broom for sweeping floors. It doesn’t have any special features when it comes to removing pet fur, but it’s pretty efficient at removing dust, debris, and pet fur on tile and hardwood floors.
It has fine, soft bristles that trap everything. The broom itself is made out of a solid block of plastic and it has a special attachment to the handle so it will never become loose or spin.
- Bristles are too soft for outdoor applications
- Can be frustrating to constantly have to remove the hair from the glove
This interesting product dramatically improves the efficiency of your vacuuming efforts. When vacuuming, the vacuum usually just removes pet hair and dust from the surface of the carpet, leaving everything down inside the carpet behind.
This carpet rake pulls all of the dust and pet hair up to the top of the carpet, allowing you to easily vacuum it up. Vigorously raking your carpet before vacuuming allows for deep-cleaning of the carpet, and the action of the raking removes any matted areas and will make your carpet look brand new.
It can also be used to work carpet cleaning products deeply into the carpet.
- Makes high-pile carpet look like new
- Pulls debris and pet hair out of the carpet for easy removal with your vacuum cleaner
- Can assist in working carpet cleaning products into the carpet when cleaning up after a pet accident
- Very sturdy
- Apparently can be used to groom artificial turf as well as carpet
- Not very useful for low-pile carpet
- The bristles tend to get caught in shag carpets
Verdict & Review
While all of these cleaning products are useful, when it comes to removing pet hair specifically the best pet broom is the Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom. It efficiently removes pet hair, dust, and debris from hard surfaces and low-pile carpet. The other products are all useful for various cleaning tasks, but when it comes to pet hair removal, the Bissel broom is your best option for sweeping up pet hair.
Once you’ve swept your pet hair and debris into a pile, the next step is removing it. For that task, we really like the dustpan that comes with the TreeLen broom/dustpan combo, but an even better option than a fancy dustpan is the EyeVac Pet Vacuum that simply sucks everything you sweep at it, even airborne dust molecules, into its canister. It can be paired with any broom for easy pet hair and dust removal.
Pet Hair Broom Buying Guide
Pets can shed a lot. Pet owners are often astounded at how much fur one small kitty can leave behind, and anyone who owns a double-coated dog knows full well the dog sheds its own body weight in fur every year. Possibly even more annoying are the tiny spicules that short-haired dogs shed. They embed themselves into furniture and stubbornly resist being swept or vacuumed up.
People are often frustrated by how ineffective “normal” cleaning tools are when it comes to removing pet hair. A normal vacuum can’t remove embedded pet hair from the carpet or the furniture, and when you try to sweep with a normal broom, the hairs tend to go airborne and just end up somewhere other than in your dustpan. Thus, you really need to think about getting a special cleaning tool that is actually designed to remove pet hair.
The first option is to remove loose cat hair before it hits the floor. You can use gloves or a vacuum attachment for such grooming jobs to collect hair right away. For the floor, using the brooms on this page is great but you also want a vacuum for pet hair.
The most essential feature to look for in a pet broom is that it has rubber bristles that attract and trap pet hair. Bristles made out of any other substance simply don’t work. The next thing to consider is what sort of flooring you have.
Most brooms work great on hard surfaces and short-pile carpet, but if you have a lot of high-pile carpet you might need a cat hair broom for the hard surfaces and a carpet rake for the carpets. Another thing to consider is how many cleaning tools do you want to own?
Some brooms have additional features that allow them to be used to clean everything in and around your house, such as the windows and the front porch.
It’s all a matter of selecting the right tools for the right job. Before selecting a tool, you need to consider your situation. Do you have a long-haired cat that leaves clumps of hair behind? Or perhaps you have a short-haired dog that leaves tiny spicules of hair all over the place that just slide through a regular broom and resist being vacuumed up. You’ll need different tools to tackle these different fur cleanup challenges and you might need different tools for different surfaces.
We are the Pet Cat Friends, a dedicated group of pet loving bloggers and product testers for all your meowy needs. We research, test, and review cat related products with the help of our collective 21 cats. Feel free to leave us feedback and treats!