The Best Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair of 2020
- Our Top 8 List
- 1. Dyson V11 Animal
- 2. Tineco Pure ONE S12 Plus
- 3. Tineco A11 Master+
- 4. Shark ION F80
- 5. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean
- 6. Black + Decker Powerseries Pro
- 7. Shark Navigator SV1106
- 8. Hoover Linx BH50010
- Top 8 Verdict
- Dyson V11 Animal
- Buying a Cordless Pet Hair Vacuum
We love our pets, but I have to admit they shed a lot. For most cat & dog owners, vacuuming is a simple reality of daily life. But after years of lugging a heavy corded vacuum around the house, I was eager to find another option.
Cordless vacuums are a lightweight way to take the hassle out of vacuuming. They have plenty of suction and are great on nearly any surface in the house. More importantly, many have been specifically designed to remove pet hair.
If you’d like to switch to cordless cleaning, check out this list of the best choices on the market this year!
Our Top 8 List
The Dyson V11 Animal is a beast of a machine. This powerful cordless vacuum uses 14 internal cyclones to create an incredibly strong amount of suction. The brushless motors pull hair and debris out of carpets and send them wooshing up into the chamber, where the whole-machine filtration system catches dust particles and keeps them locked into place.
After you’re done vacuuming with the V11, simply point the filter at a trash bin and press the “eject” button. The point-and-shoot setup ensures that the dirt ends up in the garbage and doesn’t float back into your house.
The Dyson V11 comes with a wall-mounted charging dock. As long as you remember to dock the vacuum when you’re done using it, you’ll always have a full charge and up to 60 minutes of battery life.
- 60 minutes of run time
- Includes motorized brush roller
- Transforms into a handheld vacuum
- Ejects dirt with a button press
- Charges on a convenient wall-mounted dock
- 14 cyclones create extremely strong suction power
- Three suction modes adapt to different messes
- Dust filter is effective and easy to clean
- Must hold button down while vacuum is in use
The Pure ONE S12 Plus is a digital vacuum for the modern age. This high-tech cordless vacuum uses an internal sensor to detect dust or hair and automatically adjust the suction strength. Users can glance down at the handle’s LED display to check the suction level, see the remaining battery life, and receive alerts about tangled rollers and sensor malfunctions. The vacuum is WiFi-enabled and can be connected to a free smartphone app for even more detailed information.
The S12 Plus includes a complete set of attachments for different cleaning jobs around the house. You can store the vacuum, the spare battery, and three of the attachments for easy access on the wall-mounted charging dock.
- 100 minutes of run time
- Includes an additional battery
- Uses a motorized brush roller
- LED display reports vacuum status
- Comes with attachments for hard-to-reach places
- Stores and charges on included wall mount
- Noise control keeps volume at 71 dBA
- LED display immediately notices clogs and jams
- Uses WiFi to connect with smartphone app
- Emptying the filter is messy and difficult
The Tineco All Master+ is a versatile vacuum with just enough features to get the job done. The streamlined design is lightweight and easy to maneuver, and the hose can be removed to create a handheld vacuum for tight spaces.
If you’re looking to clean pet hair, the All Master+ has you covered with a set of two motorized brush rollers. The brush heads are designed to work equally well on either carpet or hardwood flooring. Included LED lights make it easy to see and clean dark corners in your home.
The best part of the All Master+ is the four-stage filtration system. The filter does a great job of capturing dust, dander, and other allergens. Simply press the button to empty the filter into the trash; then, remove and rinse any parts that you think need extra cleaning.
- 50 minutes of run time
- Comes with two detachable batteries
- Features dual brush rollers
- Charge both batteries at once on wall-mounted dock
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
- Press button to empty dust bin
- 4-stage filtration system keeps dust contained
- Dust bin is extremely easy to use
- All parts can be detached and washed by hand
- Low battery life results in short cleaning sessions
If you haven’t been impressed by the wall-mounted cordless vacuums and want something with a little more power, the Shark ION F80 might be the machine you’re looking for. This vacuum has powerful suction and two brushed motors to get extra pet hair out of the carpet.
The feature that makes the ION F80 exceptional is the flexible hose handle. Don’t bother bending down to clean under the couch; instead, just let the vacuum flex into shape. The flexible handle can also be folded in half for convenient closet storage.
The ION F80 doesn’t come with a wall-mounted dock, but it does include a charging station for the two swappable batteries. Charge one or both batteries at a time, and snap them into place once they’re ready to go. This simple system makes it easy to clean for 80 minutes straight – and if you charge the dead battery while you use the other one, you can clean indefinitely.
- 80 minutes of run time
- Two detachable batteries with included charger
- Flexible handle for cleaning at awkward angles
- Two brush rollers for better hair removal
- Transforms into a handheld vacuum
- Folds over for compact storage
- Flexible handle makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach places
- Doesn’t need to be mounted on the wall
- Surprisngly quiet for how much suction power it has
- Clogs when used to pick up paper scraps and other large debris
Shark does a great job of making flexible, stand-alone cordless vacuums. The IONFlex 2X DuoClean is one of their most versatile models and is a good choice for basic household cleaning around.
The DuoClean features a unique motorized roller with a bristled brush and a soft brush. This combination pulls hair from the carpet and sweeps dirt off of hard surfaces. A set of attachments can be used to convert the vacuum into the perfect shape for any situation.
The DuoClean is not known for having a particularly long battery life. However, because the vacuum comes with two batteries, you can charge one while the other is in use. Swapping the batteries is also a good chance to empty the filter basket before moving onto the next room in the house.
- 40 minutes of runtime
- Two rechargeable batteries
- Combines bristle brush and soft roller to clean more surfaces
- Flexible hose handle for versatile cleaning
- Folds in half for stand-alone storage
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
- Simple design is easy to use
- Works well on carpet, wood, and tile
- Durable and unlikely to break down
- Shuts down if vacuum starts overheating
- Low battery life
Black + Decker’s take on the cordless vacuum feels like a hybrid between a traditional vacuum and a standard cordless. The vacuum is strong and durable, and it features a large dust canister that’s designed for heavy-duty jobs.
Like most traditional vacuums, the Powerseries Pro has a hose attachment on the side that can be used to clean small spaces. The canister of the vacuum also detaches from the base and converts into a handheld model. Several different accessories can be used to customize your cleaning experience.
The Powerseries Pro has a digital display that monitors battery life and filter status. You can use the display to adjust the suction speed and turn on the LED light. This extra bit of control makes it easy to clean pet messes of any shape and size.
- 60 minutes of run time
- Rubber brush roller to avoid tangles
- Comes with an extension wand and accessories
- Digital display for easy monitoring
- LED light for cleaning dark spaces
- Swivel steering for maneuverability
- Large dust chamber for big cleaning jobs
- Extremely powerful suction and hair removal
- Digital display alerts you when filter needs cleaning
- Heavy and clunky compared to other cordless vacuums
The Shark Navigator is a simple cordless model with swivel steering and an easy-empty dust bin. Although it’s not as flexible as some of the other vacuums on this list, the Navigator does a great job of removing pet hair and getting your carpet clean.
The Navigator’s main feature is its powerful motor brush roller. Two different speed settings let you adjust the vacuum for the surface you’re cleaning. The large dust chamber can hold an entire carpet’s worth of pet hair and debris, so you’ll only need to empty it once per cleaning session.
The Navigator docks onto a floor-level charger. There’s no need to lift the vacuum or bend down to use it; just pull it from the dock to start cleaning. This vacuum has also been carefully designed for maneuverability and is easy to move around the house.
Further reading: We have a top list on Shark vacuums here.
- 60 minutes of run time
- Large, easy-empty dust container
- Two speed settings for different surfaces
- Motored brush roller for hair removal
- Swivel steering for maneuverability
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Dust canister can be emptied with a button press
- Balanced design with low center of gravity
- Higher speed setting greatly reduces run time
- Can’t pick up larger debris
Hoover has been at the top of the vacuum market for years, and the cordless model is another example of great engineering. The Hoover Linx is a sleek and lightweight vacuum that does a great job of picking up pet hair.
Hoover uses WindTunnel technology to provide effective suction. The Linx definitely has great cleaning power compared to other cordless vacuums. The extra edge bristles also help dislodge hair and help guide it into the chamber.
The main downside of the Linx is that you need to remove the dust chamber to empty it. The process isn’t difficult, but it’s a little messier than some of the other models on the market. Luckily, if you do spill anything, your Linx will suck it back up right away.
- 30 minutes of run time
- High-power brush roller for hair removal
- Comes with interchangeable batteries and charger
- Choose the right power setting for the each surface
- Battery fuel gauge tells you how long you have left
- Extremely lightweight at only 10 pounds
- Does a great job of removing pet hair
- Extra cleaning bristles help clean corners and edges
- May require light maintenance to prevent clogging
- Must remove dust canister to empty
There are three types of cordless vacuum on this list. Swivel vacuums like the Black + Decker Powerseries Pro are like normal vacuums, but they don’t have the cord. Flexible vacuums like the Shark ION F80 are designed to get under couches and into tight spaces. And wall-mounted vacuums like the Tineco Pure ONE S12 Plus offer lightweight handheld convenience with a surprising amount of suction.
After reviewing every vacuum on the list, we decided that the Dyson V11 Animal is the best on the market. This simple wall-mounted vacuum has great suction, runs for a long time, and picks up more pet hair than you would believe. Take a look at the Dyson V11 Animal before you keep shopping. It does an amazing job of keeping your carpet clean.
Buying a Cordless Pet Hair Vacuum
Don’t know where to start your search for a cordless vacuum? Look for these features while you’re shopping to find the vacuum that’s perfect for your needs. The simplest cordless tool would be a pet hair broom, by the way, and it is something you do want to have as well. Other tools like brushes also help a lot and makes sense to use before arming yourself with a vacuum.
A vacuum’s suction power determines how well it can clean. Cordless vacuums are smaller than their corded vacuum parts, and this can frequently mean that they have lower-strength suction.
Luckily, all of the vacuums on this list have been chosen for their amazing cleaning power. If you’re not sure how much suction a vacuum has, check the voltage; more power is usually an indicator of greater suction.
Pet hair isn’t like normal dirt. It tends to weave into the carpet and get stuck in corners. In addition to great suction, a pet hair vacuum needs to be able to dislodge hair and pull it into the chamber.
Most cordless vacuums clean cat hair with a motorized brush roller. Medium to hard bristles are used to separate the hair from the carpet. Bristled rollers also do a good job of removing mud and other debris that your pets might track into the house.
When you’re purchasing a vacuum for pet hair, check to see if the rollers are easily clogged. The vacuum needs to successfully dislodge the hair and pull it into the hose. If you have to untangle the rollers to keep going, you’re not going to have a good cleaning experience.
One way to reduce the amount of work is to prevent cat hair where it starts. By treating your cat with grooming gloves or by using a vacuum cat grooming attachment, you can collect hair before it gets on the floor and around your home.
When pets shed, they leave behind both hair and dander. A good vacuum should be able to filter out these small particles so that they don’t end up back in your home. Every vacuum manufacturer uses a different style of filter, so look for something reusable and easy to maintain.
Once the dust is in the filter, you need a way to empty it into the trash without creating another mess. Some of the best cordless vacuums let you press a button to dump the filter, while others require that you empty and clean the filter by hand. Rinseable filters are always a good choice if you’re worried about mud or other pet messes.
Battery life is one of the most important features of a cordless vacuum. If the battery life is too short, you’ll need to recharge before you’re done cleaning the house.
Most cordless vacuums boast a battery life between 30 and 80 minutes. Many vacuums come with a second rechargeable battery that you can swap out in the middle of the cleaning session. Most companies count both batteries when determining their vacuum’s run time, so keep this in mind as you shop.
While you’re making your purchase, consider whether the batteries recharge inside the vacuum or if you’ll need to charge them separately. Many cordless vacuums feature a wall-mounted charging dock that connects directly to the vacuum. In comparison, stand-alone vacuums usually have a separate charging dock designed for both replaceable batteries. Battery life also plays a role in robotic vacuums for pet hair but these little helpers return to the charging station on their own.
Some people purchase cordless vacuums for spot cleaning, but other people like to use the vacuum to clean their entire house. A great cordless vacuum will be able to withstand most cleaning situations and reach tight areas that a larger vacuum couldn’t get to.
Look for a cordless vacuum that can convert into a handheld vacuum to clean upholstery or small areas like cat trees. Some vacuums come with attachments for cleaning different surfaces, while others promise an all-in-one design. You should also consider the length of the handle and whether it will be easy to use without bending down.
We are the Pet Cat Friends, a dedicated group of pet loving bloggers and product testers for all your meowy needs. We research, test, and review cat related products with the help of our collective 21 cats. Feel free to leave us feedback and treats!