Top 8 Best Cat Beds 2020
- Our Top 8 List
- 1. Meowfia Premium Cat Bed Cave
- 2. BinetGo Cat Bed Cushion Donut Cuddler
- 3. Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler
- 4. Best Pet Supplies Pet Tent for Cats & Dogs
- 5. MidWest Curious Cat Cube Bed & Condo
- 6. PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Cat & Dog Bed
- 7. Kitty City Large Cat Bed, Stackable Cat Cube
- 8. Petmate Pet Bed
- Top 8 Verdict
- MEOWFIA Premium Felt Cat Cave
- Buying Guide
Are you looking for the perfect new gift for your kitty? Do you want to give them a snug and warm place they can cuddle up and take a cat nap? Your cat is sure to love a cozy new cat bed.
Since there are so many different options when it comes to cat beds, we have compiled a review of the eight best options. After you read through our reviews, you’ll be able to select the bed that your cat is sure to love.
Our Top 8 List
Last update on 2020-04-01 at 14:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Your cat can really burrow in and enjoy some privacy with this bed cave. This is an enclosed cat bed, so when your cat wants some time away or wants to take an uninterrupted nap, they’ll be able to hide away in this cozy bed.
The bed is handmade using 100% merino wool. Your kitty will love the soft and warm feel of the bed against their skin.
This cat bed was made without the use of any chemicals or synthetics, so you can feel completely comfortable about your cat using it. The bed is also easy to clean. Plus, since it is made using merino wool, it will repel odors, stains, and dirt naturally.
This cat bed will also look great in your home. It features a sleek and rounded design that is available in four different color combinations. You can choose from asphalt and aquamarine, dark gray, light gray, and slate gray.
- Merino wool will naturally repel dirt, stains, and odors.
- No chemicals were used in the production of this bed.
- Your cat will enjoy the privacy that this enclosed option can provide.
- This option costs a bit more than some of the other cat beds we reviewed.
2. BinetGo Cat Bed Cushion Donut Cuddler
You can purchase this bed in a size medium or large. A medium size is probably the right size if you have one cat, but you may want to consider a large bed if you have multiple cats that like to cuddle up together.
The bed has a non-skid base that is designed to keep it from sliding around your house. This can be especially beneficial if you have hardwood or tile floors in the room where you plan to place the bed.
When you need to clean up your cat’s bed, the manufacturer recommends hand washing it. It can also be washed on a gentle cycle in your washing machine. It is safe to dry the bed on a low setting on the dryer.
Since this bed is lightweight, it will be very easy for you to move it around your house for your cat. You’ll also be able to easily bring it along in the car with you if your cat will be visiting another home.
You can purchase this soft and cuddly cat bed in navy gray, pink, or beige.
- The non-skid base will prevent the bed from sliding around on hard floors.
- You can buy a large bed if you have two cats who like to cuddle up and sleep together.
- There are three color options to choose from.
- The stuffing inside this bed is not as soft or plush as what you will find in some other options.
3. Best Friends by Sheri OrthoComfort Deep Dish Cuddler
Your cat will drift away to a deep and relaxing sleep when they use the Deep Dish Cuddler. This bed features high walls that will keep your cat supported and help them hide away when they wish. This bed has a 12-inch rear wall and a 9-inch front wall that is designed to provide orthopedic support for their neck and head.
The bed is made using pet-safe materials; everything is non-toxic. The bed is filled with virgin AirLOFT fibers to provide a soft and cushy spot for your kitty to sleep. These fibers are also designed to remain full and fluffy for as much as three times longer than what you’ll find in many other cat beds.
The makers of this cat bed understand that cats shed and make a mess on their beds, so they made it easy to clean. You can just toss the bed in the washing machine and dryer when it needs to be cleaned.
There are three different materials options you can choose from with this cat bed. They are Sherpa, Ilan (plush inside, solid outside), and Lux (fuzzy exterior and interior). For each material option, there are numerous color choices that will allow you to select a bed that will look great in your space.
- The bed has high sides that will keep your cat warm and cozy.
- The AirLOFT fibers that fill the bed will stay full longer than those of many other cat beds.
- With the three material choices you’ll be able to choose the perfect fit to keep your kitty cozy.
- A few pet parents have noted that some of the beds do not hold up to extended use.
4. Best Pet Supplies Pet Tent for Cats & Dogs
There are three different material choices which will allow you to choose the right feel for your cat. You can choose from linen, corduroy, or faux suede. There are also different color options including brown linen, corduroy beige, and dark brown faux suede.
This pet tent is available in three different sizes, so you’ll be able to perfectly accommodate the needs of your cat or cats. You can choose from 16 inch by 16 inches by 14 inches, 18 inches by 18 inches by 16 inches, or 19 inches by 19 inches by 19 inches.
The manufacturer of this product has taken measures to ensure you’ll be provided with a quality product that will last. You can wash this pet tent in the washing machine for quick clean up; it won’t get stretched out.
- You can choose from three different material options.
- This tent comes in three different sizes.
- The tent will not get stretched out if you wash it in the washing machine
- Be sure to pay attention to the sizing to ensure the tent will not be too small for your cat.
5. MidWest Curious Cat Cube Bed & Condo
This bed & condo provides your cat or cats with two comfy sleeping areas. This cube has a large enclosed inner section where your cat can hide out and sleep in peace. There is also a plush and comfy cat bed on the top of the cube to give your cat sleeping options or to allow a second cat to nap at the same time.
Your cat will love cuddling up in either sleeping area on this cat bed. It features faux suede and synthetic sheepskin materials that will attract your cat and keep them comfy while the snooze.
This cube is designed to be durable and fully support your cat’s weight. It will also collapse for storage or transportation.
When you purchase this cat bed, you’ll also be purchasing a fun toy to entertain your cat. There is a hanging ball in the inside that your cat can bat around. There are also a few cutouts on each side of the cube to allow your cat to poke out their paw or nose as they play.
- There are two sleeping areas for your cat or cats to enjoy.
- Your cat will love the feel of the faux suede and synthetic sheepskin.
- The cube can collapse for storage or transportation.
- The hanging ball may get ripped off easily by your cat.
6. PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Cat & Dog Bed
If you have an older kitty or are looking for a more supportive cat bed, consider this bed with memory foam. This bed has a solid 2.5-inch memory foam based that is designed to provide relief for any joint pain your cat may be experiencing. The memory foam can also increase your cat’s energy level and mobility.
Around the edges of the bed are support bolsters to provide a cushy surface for your cat to rest their head. The bolsters are filled with recycled polyfill.
When this bed needs to be cleaned, you can remove the cover and wash it in your washing machine. It can also be dried in the dryer.
You can feel confident that this bed is safe for your cat since it passes European REACH safety standards. There are four different size options (small, large, extra-large, and XXL jumbo). If you have multiple cats, you can choose a larger size that they can share, or get each of them their own small bed.
You can purchase this bed in slate gray, chocolate brown, or sandstone.
- The memory foam construction can provide relief for your cat’s joint pain.
- The cover is removable and can go in the washing machine and dryer.
- This bed passes European REACH safety standards, which are more stringent than those implemented in The United States.
- This is the most expensive option on our list.
7. Kitty City Large Cat Bed, Stackable Cat Cube
The sides of the cube are sturdy to keep your cat supported as they sleep. The sides can also fold flat to allow you to store this product or use it only as a more traditional cat bed.
The top sleeping surface of this bed features a soft and plush polyester pillow. Inside the kitty condo there is a comfortable fleece base mat. These two surfaces ensure that your cat will be comfy and cozy no matter which area they choose to nap in.
The cube is 16.5 inches wide, 16.5 inches long, and 19.25 inches high. It has an attractive white and gray diamond pattern that will look great in your space.
- This option will provide two cozy sleeping spots for your kitty or kitties.
- The sides of the cube will fold flat for storage.
- Your cat can choose to be out in the open or in an enclosed area.
- The cube is not quite as sturdy as the manufacturer makes it out to be.
8. Petmate Pet Bed
The Petmate Pet Bed will help your cat will feel supported and safe as they sleep. This option has walls that are designed to act like a nest and keep your kitty cozy. The bed is round, so your cat will be able to cuddle up against any part of it.
When the bed gets dirty and needs to be freshened up for your kitty, it can be tossed into the washing machine. The bed is made using polyester materials, which makes it light and easy to transport or move around your home.
This bed has a soft and cozy interior that is cream colored. The outer edges of the bed are a darker brown. There is a light brown bone across the front of the bed.
- The rounded sides will keep your cat feeling protected and supported.
- The bed can be washed in the washing machine.
- It is lightweight and easy to transport or move around your home.
- A few customers have noted that this bed is smaller than it seems online.
While we think your cat will be able to get comfy in any of the eight beds we reviewed above, the MEOWFIA Premium Cat Bed Cave is our top pick. This is a luxury cat bed, made using 100% merino wool, that your cat is sure to enjoy.
This option will provide your cat with a place to hide away and sleep in peace. It is enclosed and shaped like a cat. Your kitty will love to snuggle up in their cozy new bed to take a long cat nap.
Merino wool is easy to clean and naturally repels odors, stains, and dirt. No harmful chemicals were used during the production of this bed, so you won’t need to worry about your kitty.
With four different color options, you are sure to find a bed that will look great in your living space. What are you waiting for? Your kitty will be forever grateful when you order them this new bed!
Selecting the right bed for your feline friend is a big task. You want to make sure you choose an option that they will like and actually use. And, of course, you want them to be comfortable in their new bed.
Before you purchase one of the beds we reviewed above, take a little time to read through our buying guide and think about some of the features to look for in a cat bed.
One of the first things you’ll want to decide is what type of bed to buy your cat. There are many different styles, and it will really just come down to which style you think your cat will most enjoy.
One type of bed type is the more traditional bed. This is a rectangular bed with sides for your cat to rest up against or lay their head on. There are also beds similar to a traditional bed that have higher sides to make your cat feel more surrounded and protected.
Another type of bed you may see is a rounder, plusher bed. This bed may not have sides, but rather may be cushy and surround your cat when they lay down in it.
Cat tents or cat caves are another popular option. These bed types are more enclosed and feature a small entrance for your cat to get in. This would be a good option if you think your cat would enjoy feeling more secluded or removed from other pets or stimuli in your home.
Finally, you may come across some cat beds that are heated. As with a heated blanked for humans, a heated bed will provide extra warmth for your cat when they cuddle up in it.
The next factor you should pay attention to is the size of each bed you are considering. Be sure to know your cat’s length and weight when you are looking at cat beds for them. This will allow you to select at bed that is large enough to accommodate your cat.
If you have two or more cats that seem to enjoy cuddling up and sleeping together, you may want to look for a larger cat bed that will fit two kitties at the same time.
Paying attention to the materials that were used to make each cat bed is also important. You want to be sure to select high quality materials that will also be soft and comfortable for your cat.
When looking at the materials, be sure to also look at what is used to fill the bed. Again, you want to find a high-quality filling that will stay fluffy and cozy for your cat.
Care and Cleaning
Next, you should consider the care and cleaning instructions for the beds you are considering. Look for something that is quick and easy to clean, since you’ll likely need to wash it frequently. If it can safely go in the washing machine or dryer, that is a bonus.
Your Cat’s Preferences
Finally, don’t forget to think about what your cat seems to like. Are they more drawn towards certain materials, colors, or styles? Choose a bed that seems like it will be a good fit for them.
We are the Pet Cat Friends, a dedicated group of pet loving bloggers and product testers for all your meowy needs. We research, test, and review cat related products with the help of our collective 21 cats. Feel free to leave us feedback and treats!